It is more important than ever to take care of yourselves both mentally and physically during this difficult time.
The following resources focus on supporting mental health and well-being during COVID-19. You will find advice and guidance as well as links to websites, videos and free downloads on a range of issues around mental health and wellbeing.
Public Health England have published ‘Guidance for parents and carers for supporting children and young people’s mental health and well-being during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak’. This guidance contains information about how to support children and young people who access mental health services, children and young people with learning disabilities, autistic children and young people, and children and young people with physical health issues.
Please also remember that you can always contact myself, Mr John, Your tutors ( Mr Grabham, Mrs Smith, Kelly or Danielle or a member of school staff for further advice and support.
Please use this page to find resources to find sources of help and information during your time in Sixth form.
If you are finding things difficult please remember you are not alone. We are here to support you - whether that is through providing information, giving you the chance to talk things through or to refer you to an external service if you need more support. If you are finding school life difficult in any way please talk to us - we can help.
Check out the websites below for more information:
- Every Mind Matters - looking after your mental health
- The Mix Confidential - support for young people:
- Young Minds Crisis Messanger - 24/7 support for young people
- Five ways to Wellbeing - Mind
- Looking after your mental wellbeing
- Mental Health Helplines
- Mental Health Apps (NHS)
- A-Z of Mental Health
- Young Minds - site specifically for children and young people
- Get Self Help - wealth of infromation, advice and worksheets
- Kooth - free online counselling, advice and support service
Information for parents
If you have concerns about how your child is coping with the current situation regarding Covid19 or with Sixth Form study more generally please let us know.
- Family Lives - parenting support and confidential helpline
- Young Minds - Medication advice and Parents Survival Guide
- Talk to Frank - honest information about drugs
- Covid-19: Helping Young people managine low mood and depression: Free online course